Welcome to Evelyn Medical Centre
During the coronavirus pandemic, our staff have been working hard to ensure that all patients who need urgent care – not just those with coronavirus – have been able to get it. To avoid unnecessary contact, some non-urgent appointments and surgeries have been postponed and others delivered differently using technology.
We will continue to ask patients to attend face-to-face services only when it is really necessary, and where it can be done safely without putting our patients, the public or our staff at greater risk of catching coronavirus. Where possible, appointments will continue to be offered using remote services such as a video or phone consultation.
If you feel unwell or have hurt yourself, you can still get the care and treatment you need. It’s vital that if you’re having a potentially life-threatening medical emergency, such as a heart attack, stroke or really bad flare up of asthma, you contact the NHS.
You might be worrying about a mole that’s changed shape, or grown larger, and think you need to contact your GP.
Everyone in the NHS really appreciates people taking pressure off services for conditions that can be safely managed with over-the-counter medicines, and taken care of at home.
But it is crucial that for anything else that you do not risk life or wellbeing – contact NHS 111 online or by phone, get in touch with your GP, visit an Urgent Treatment Centre, or for emergencies go to A&E or call 999.
Latest Public Health England Coronavirus Advice
- Patients can find regularly updated information via the NHS website www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- If you think you have COVID-19 symptoms please go to 111 online DO NOT ATTEND YOUR GP SURGERY
- Please follow the new NHS advice to self-isolate at home for 14 days if you or a family member in the same household have:
A fever AND/OR A new persistent cough AND/OR a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of smell or taste (anosmia)
- if your symptoms are manageable at home and you would not ordinarily require medical attention please do not call 111 unless your condition deteriorates.
- At this point in time GPs CANNOT test for the coronavirus which causes COVID-19
Sick Note (Med3) Information from 17th March 2020
TELEPHONE APPOINTMENT BOOKING ONLY
In light of the evolving coronavirus pandemic and in line with national guidance, Evelyn Medical Centre has moved to a telephone appointment only system.
We apologise for the inconvenience, but this is essential to minimise social contact and ensure the safety of all of our patients and that of our staff.
In the coming days, we will be updating information and processes to meet this challenge, so please bear with us. More information on these changes will be posted soon.
Everyone is being reminded to follow Public Health England advice to:
Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
A message from the Community:-
A community Facebook page has been set-up : https://www.facebook.com/hopecommunity2020/
(This group has no affiliation to Evelyn Medical Centre and we are not coordinating it). Anyone wishing to volunteer to help run errands should email this group directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Sick Note (Med3) information
Sick Note (Med3) Information
Parents, please find useful information on our 'Family Health' regarding COVID19